Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lift, Stairs and I

Alhamdulillah, esok Jumaat.

I started attending class last Friday (21.1.2011).

It was my "ófficial" first day. I decided to take bus from my house to go to class. I was quite worried to drive as the class start at 8am, I did not really know the road inside UiTM, and the main reason was, my car got its first "scratch" a.k.a "calar" on 12.1.2011, (the day I took Emergency Leave from KPMG to go to class). I left the car somewhere in parking area at 8am and I saw the "scratch" when I want to drive home at 4pm. Being quite worried for the incident to happen again, I took the bus.

I stopped at bus stop near Kolej Seroja and walked uphill, climbing and taking stairs for about 3 floors before I can arrive the ground floor of Accounting Faculty.

It's such a dramatic moment, when I realised that all the lift are not working, which means that I have to take stairs to 14th floor. My class is at 14th floor!

Everyone was taking stairs, I have no choice then. So, I took the stairs, one by one, and strongly believe that i will faint at 7th floor (added that there's already apprx 3 floors before the ground floor). With that in mind, my hand kept on holding the side of the stairs...walked slowly and ready to faint=D. 8th floor, 9th floor...10 floor...I wait and wait, to faint. Suddenly I realised I already in 14th floor! safe and sound!

The lecturer was not yet in the class when I stepped in. I glimpsed at my watch, was it only 10 minutes to climb to 14th floor?...??


Moral of the story: never underestimate yourself.

p/s: second day also climbed the stairs to level 14! yeay, I am healthier=D. No need to weekly visit the park to jogging anymore:D

3 comments:

Atiqah said...

waaaa...hebatnya=D. Be positive! lagi kurus lah awak ye?

Syawal said...

Akak ambik kelas utk ACCA ke?
Aha~ lucky you kalau kelas hari minggu.

Weekdays classes, tak tentu nak sampai ke tangga dalam masa 10 minit tau. :P

Thuaibah said...

Atikah: haaa...lg la..bila penat2, xde mood nak makan dah T_T

Syawal: sy xcaya gak, may be saya salah tgk jam kot...kelas Isnin-Jumaat, 3days out of it started at 8a.m 0_o.